Residents of Montgomery County can now recycle clothing and electronic devices directly from their home. Montgomery County has partnered with Retrievr, a service that allows residents to easily schedule collection of clothing and electronic devices via text.
Retrievr will pick up the following clothing:
All men’s, women’s, children’s, and infant clothing including shirts, pants, shorts, dresses, skirts, blouses, sweaters, jackets, raincoats, overcoats, outerwear, sleepwear, swimsuits, T-shirts, undergarments, and formal wear. Footwear: shoes, boots, sandals, heels, slippers. Accessories: belts, hats, scarves, jewelry, ties, gloves, handbags, Bedding: comforter, sheets, pillow cases and blankets. Household items: curtains/draperies, Halloween costumes, cloth napkins, table cloths, towels.
Retrievr will also pick up the following electronic devices:
Computers, cell phones, hard drives, keyboards, mice, PC speakers, PC power supplies, printers, fax machines, stereo equipment, TVs, VCRs, CD players, and laptop and cell phone batteries.
Retrievr charges a base $12.50 doorstep fee, plus convenience fees for items that are particularly hard to collect or dispose of.
*These fees can vary with your location, but typically include:
- $15 for each microwave
- $38 for each TV under 150 lbs and monitors that use a Cathode Ray Tube (CRT)
- $105 for each TV 150 lbs or more, such as those with wooden cabinets or rear-projection TVs
- $55 for each dehumidifier
- $55 for each window air-conditioner
- $55 for each mini refrigerator under 50 lbs
To schedule a pick up:
- Text ‘PICKUP’ to 757-70-FETCH (757-703-3824).
- Use your address to confirm you’re in the service area.
- Add the items you want to recycle.
- Schedule a date for your pickup appointment.
- Pack the items in a bag or box and leave them by your door.
- On your selected date, a truck will come collect your items right from your door.
If you cannot text, call 610-839-8262, and they will call you back to schedule a pickup. For more information, go to retrievr.com.